webOS is in the the news today.
For those that don’t recall webOS was the impressive operating system that powered Palm’s ill fated Pre mobile devices. Well, it looks like the operating system might be trying to make a resurgence beyond HP.
In this article, sponsored by HP, we will be reflecting upon the constant drive to provide ever more technologically sound systems at a time when budgets are particularly tight and how Hewlett Packard are aiming to support business further through …
Typically, when it comes to all-in-one workstations, the opportunity to get inside the device to swap out components and perform upgrades is uncommon and so it is interesting to find this as one of the stand out features of the …
For this current project I am looking around at the Netbook market to find the best machines and today it’s the turn of the HP Mini Netbook – the “Red” of the title indicates the colour of the lid of the case.
Let’s remind ourselves of the criteria for assessing a Netbook suitability. A good Netbook needs to:
- Be quite light to carry around
- Have a decent amount of battery life (at least four hours on average)
- Be able to connect to the Internet – at least wireless connectivity
- Have some fast USB ports (for charging other devices, using a memory card adaptor)
- Have a reasonably sized and weighted power adaptor (as you probably have to carry this around too)
- Have a usable and responsive keyboard and track pad
- Have a screen you can see in a range of lighting conditions
- Ideally have Bluetooth onboard for exchanging a range of data
- Ideally have a 3G connection