Daily Technology News For 9th March 2010
In this article we’ll take a look at some of the key technology news stories and headlines, from around the world, for Tuesday, 9th March 2010.
Today’s Hot Topic: “Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement could lead to monitoring of web traffic, according to European ISP Association” – Telegraph.
The headlines in technology news today are gathered from internet based news sources including BBC Technology News, CNN Technology, Sky News, BusinessWeek, Computing, Computer Weekly, BBC dot.life, IT Pro, Register, Wired, CNET News, The Wall Street Journal, Silicon.com, Engadget, Financial Times, PC World, Times Online, Reuters, Telegraph, AppleInsider, The Gadget Show, New Scientist, Gates Notes, Huffington Post and The Guardian.
- BBC Technology News: US eases sanctions for freer web
- CNN Tech: No ‘Lost Decade’ for these techs
- Sky News: Internet Bypasses Too Many, Warns Queen
- Telegraph: Europe threatens web openness
- Financial Times: Aim groups point to a thaw in the IPO market
- Guardian: Microsoft ‘takes on Goliath’ with Bing ads mocking Google
- The Wall Street Journal: High-Speed Network Poses Hurdles for Google
- Times Online: Cyberwar declared as China hunts for secrets
- BusinessWeek: Apple, Amazon, Google Wage Content Wars
- Reuters: Google, Dish testing new TV search service: report
- Computing: Government could retaliate over ‘daily’ cyber attacks
- Computer Weekly: Fujitsu shares slide over former exec’s resignation dispute
- The Register: 3 tries to tempt mobile broadband buyers with MS Office
- IT Pro: IT jobs recover, but pay doesn’t
- Silicon.com: Touchscreens will take over one in three mobiles this year
- CNET News: Sony patents game demos that ‘erode’ over time
- Huffington Post: Sneaky Apps Could Secretly Pass Your Data Back To Their Creators
- Apple Insider: Steve Ballmer praises Apple for creation of iPhone App Store
- PC World: Microsoft Office 2010 Technology Guarantee: FAQ
- Wired: HP’s Windows 7 Slate Strikes at the iPad
- Engadget: Valve confirms Steam for Mac, debuts in April
- The Gadget Show: Tekken coming to iPhone!
- New Scientist: Martian moon’s secrets to be revealed during flybys