Get The How-To Low Down For Your HTC Hero
Whilst looking around for some news on the HTC website regarding any announcement of a firmware upgrade for the Android operating system on the T-Mobile version of the HTC Hero in the UK I happened upon the HTC Hero How-To section.
The How-To section features 27 tips on useful things you can do to the HTC Hero. The tips range from Setting Up Wi-Fi, to using the People Widget, and include detailed explanations of the steps involved together with handy screenshots to help you along.
The introduction and examples on configuring the home screen were particularly useful especially if you need to drag widgets from screen to screen (if like me you don’t always read the manual!). The outline of how to use GPS with Google Maps is also quite useful as GPS often tends to be one of those things that gets left until the point where you actually need it – only to discover you can’t quite figure out what’s what.
The complete range of tips for the HTC Hero include:
- Personalizing Your Home Screen
- Connecting to the Internet Using 3G, GPRS, or EDGE
- Setting Up Wi-Fi
- Using the People Widget
- Using Browser
- Twittering on Your Phone
- Updating Your Facebook Status
- Viewing Facebook and Flickr Updates
- Using the Onscreen Keyboard
- Setting Up Your Email Account
- Connecting a Stereo Bluetooth Headset
- Turning the Power On and Off
- Changing the Language
- Copying Photos and Music to Your Phone
- Creating a Music Playlist
- Performing a Factory Reset
- Sending a Multimedia Message
- Sending an SMS Message
- Sharing Photos on Facebook, Flickr or Twitter
- Using GPS with Google Maps
- Setting Up Your Exchange ActiveSync Account
- Finding and Installing Apps from Android Market
- Using Your Phone as a Modem
- Using Smart Dial
- Forgot Your Google Account Password?
- Forgot Your Lock Screen Pattern?
- Signing In to Your Google Account
Visit the HTC Hero How-To website.